Saturday, March 3, 2012

I know pretty much everywhere that has a counter has a tip jar on it, however, when I went to Quizno's today, I was a little surprised that they had a line on the debit card receipt for a tip.
I know that the people who work there don't make that much money and when ever I have a buck or some change I put it in the jar...on the other hand, If I had money the day before payday (not likely) I would have gone to a sit-down instead of grabbing a $2 sandwich.
Anyway, because I only had $9 and the bill for me and my kid was $8.50, I didn't leave a tip...now I feel bad. I would not leave a tip on my McDonalds bill, but I'd never go to a "real" restaurant and not leave a tip...
Were they wrong to "ask" or was I wrong not to plan ahead on giving a tip at a fast food chain???|||When you leave a tip on your credit or debit card there is no guarantee that the employees get the money. It could just be kept by the owner or manager or to make-up for register under-ringing. (They give out the wrong change.)

A tip is an acknowledgment of great service. In a Quiznos, if they bring the food to you and ask you if you need anything else like they do at a sit-down McDonalds then a tip is merited. If you go someplace alot tipping creates a great relationship with the staff.

Don't feel bad. If you get great service your acknowledgement will be your "return business" and you can tip big when you come back.|||I have never and will never tip at a fast food place. Maybe they're receipt deal is just set up that way like at real restaurants...IDK, but don't feel bad. Quizno's is already too expensive.|||Nah, I don't think so. I rarely leave a tip at a fast food restaurant. Perhaps I'm just cheap though...|||i never knew youre suppose to tip at quizno's..i wouldn't just because its a fast food joint...you're not sitting down and relaxing|||no, you weren't wrong not to leave a tip.

some 'restaraunts' have tip lines because that's how the credit card machine prints them.|||There was really no reason for them to ask for a tip if you weren't waited on.|||If they asked you for a tip I would say " I'm sorry, but I can't afford another tip today ". Tell them you usually always do. And, that should be the end of it.|||i think it was just the format of the credit card machine. it was probably made especially for food retail, so to keep everything universal they just put the tip program in it.

and no, i wouldn't feel bad about not leaving a tip!|||I tip when more service is involved than just taking an order... so at a "fast food" place that I order at a counter, but a server still brings the food and refills drinks, I tip, but much more modestly than at a sit-down place. At a place like Quizno's, I don't think I've ever even considered leaving a tip.|||You were right..
they shouldn't ask for tips..
i don't see any other fast food place asking for a tip..
what makes them so special..
don't worry..
you did the right thing hun!!|||I think your beating yourself up for nothing...people tip restaurant waiters and waitresses because there wages are extremely low. Workers at Quizno's, if i understand correctly, are making a little over minimum wage. Tip is not a requirement, its an option in this case. If it gets to you that much, go drop a random tip in the jar...|||The tip line was just how the software is set up.

As for leaving a tip at a fast food place, it is not required, nor should it be expected. Fast food employees are paid a salary. At real restaurants (not fast food joints) wait staff make their living on customer tips, not wages.

So you were not wrong in not leaving a tip.|||ok you were totally right, you shouldnt have to tip at a fast food place. its not right. they were wrong for asking. trust me you did the right thing.|||Nope, dont feel bad at all. Its not like they wait on you like at an actual resteraunt. They just make your food, which is that they are getting paid for. Now if they made it super awesome and really really fast... Then maybe.|||I personally would not leave a tip at Quiznos. If you go to a restaurant and are waited on, then you should tip. People at fast food places make at least a minimum wage. Servers at restaurants do NOT make a minimum wage. They are basically paid enough to cover their taxes and they depend on their tips to make a decent wage. I would not loose any sleep over this one! All that they did was make your sandwich and take your money, and their employer paid them to do that. No tip was necessary.|||you do not tip at fast food or counter restaurants, why they started putting tip jars up is beyond me.|||They just make your food for an hourly wage. Tips aren't part of the deal. Don't feel bad. Did they come to your table and take a drink order? Suggest great menu items and answer all your questions? Bring your food to you? Refill your drinks? Bring your ticket to your table after clearing all your finished plates? No, b/c they don't have plates b/c they are fast food. BTW, do you know the name of the person that made your sandwich? No, b/c they didn't tell you b/c they weren't waiting on you. They are basically a short order cook. P.S. Tip your actual SERVERS 20%, they make $2.13 an hour, at least in Alabama they do!!|||they were wrong to ask.

u dun have to give them anything if u dun have money.

lol it's true though. they have no service.. just hand u a crappy sandwich.|||Very simple. You don't ask you don't get. That is my negotiation stratergy. It works everytime and it's applied for every business.

火车采集器
  • travel trailers
  • dominoes online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment